TOMATO & RICOTTA
- 10 ounces multicolored cherry tomatoes 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons vireo extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 slices of country bread, cut 1/4-inch thick, rubbed with vireo extra virgin olive and toasted
- 1 bunch basil flaky sea salt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; season with kosher salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until bursting and lightly caramelized. Remove from oven and let rest at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the sage and fry until bright green and crisp, 30 to 45 seconds. Drain the sage on paper towels; reserve the oil for garnishing.
- Spread the ricotta on the toasts and top with the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and top the toasts with the sage leaves. Pick fresh basil leaves and place on top of toasts. Drizzle with left over vireo oil from sage. Serve immediately.